At Fenix Group, we believe you can turn back the time, and all that has been forgotten can regain its former splendour.
Jagiellońska street used to bear many names: in the middle of the 19th century it was called Szeroka, and beginning from 1865 the section towards the north of the current Kłopotowskiego St. was called Petersburska, whereas the southern part was called Moskiewska. The whole street got its present name as late as in 1919. In the times of the Polish People’s Republic, the northern part was renamed Stalingradzka. Today we have one Jagiellońska street again, the home of many historical buildings.
One of them is the house of Chaim Herkowicz i Perla Grinberg, built as a four-storey construction with two annexes, which together with two wings of the adjacent building at 28 Okrzei St. would close up the common courtyard area. The house at number 22 was erected in 1911-1912 in the style of early modernism. The façade shows very few traces of former splendour and variety. The reason for it is that the building had been damaged during the World War II and later on, around the 1950, rebuilt without the original ornaments and balconies. Fortunately, there are a lot of elements of interior design that have survived, especially in the staircase and gateway décor, e.g. door woodwork with decorative carving. On the landings there are also original two-tone tiled floors.
In the Addresses of Warsaw published in 1909, there is a mention of Aron Ehrlich’s grocery and Aron Perlmuter’s coal trade operating at this address. Around 1930, numerous doctors lived in the house (among them surgeons, gynaecologist and dentists), the census of the time also mentions several officials residing here. A company owned by J. Zylberberg buying up old barrels also operated at 22 Jagiellońska St. (it functioned over the years 1932-1953). At that time the building belonged to Zygmunt Zawadzki. Fenix Group bought the real estate in February 2010 from the rightful inheritors, Witold and Jerzy Rużyłło.
The house is located in a fast-developing area of the Praga district, very close to Targowa street and Solidarnosci Avenue. Public transport in the vicinity offers a clear advantage. Hubs for entrepreneurs, like Google Campus, are opening up in the area, and numerous artists move their studios and galleries over here.
In the neighbourhood, you can find several places for recreation and sports activities, such as Skaryszewski Park, the Warsaw ZOO, Prawy Brzeg sports centre and the sandy beaches on the bank of the Vistula river. A state-of-the-art cinema and the children’s theatre Teatr Baj are just round the corner, and getting to Teatr Powszechny theatre and the National Stadium is a matter of minutes. Just a stone’s throw away is the famous Old Town, a fantastic place for a walk.